Civil Engineers’ Expertise in Mining in NSW
Mining is critical to the economic strength of NSW. Not only that, it is important in maintaining the stability of this state’s energy grid. It supports important regional economies resulting in ample export revenue that supports jobs. According to the NSW Government, mining involves 40,000 workers and 8,000 businesses. This is the reason Civil Engineering NSW mining contractors’ jobs is no easy feat. With roles ranging from preparing public reports and giving technical advice, civil engineers also do a lot of work that only they, in their expertise, can.
Jobs of mining contractors’ civil engineers
The mining industry employs a management team, or a mining contractor, that provides a comprehensive range of installation, construction and maintenance services. They do these with key people composing of specialist suppliers, tradesmen and engineers.
Here are the more specific things civil engineers in the minerals sector do:
1. Installation and Construction – provide innovative, safe and cost-effective solutions to meet clients’ needs on time.
Their safety record is not only impeccable but they have manufacturing and fabrication capabilities with specialized hire equipment and support.
2. Engineering – review site or external engineering design, manage project, assess risks, change management documentation which includes operation manuals, standard operating procedures and training assessment.
Provide technical assistance and cost estimation from pre-feasible to feasibility and project approval. Engineering design and drafting is also provided that suit statutory requirements of mineral resources in Australia.
Handle project management care concentrating on safety, quality, schedule and budget.
3. Shutdown and Maintenance – assist in: shaft repairs, skip changes and maintenance, rope changing for shaft, on-going shaft maintenance and winder upgrades reducing downtime and cost.
4. Mine Shaft Services – specialize with a team that provides innovative and cost effective ideas. Provide a full risk assessment and methodology on the approach to be taken on each job. With engineering design and fabrication capability, can also supply equipment necessary to get the job done safely and economically using fixed guide fabrication, repair and installation, sheave changes, guide and head rope changes, winder upgrades and supply and shaft services’ installation and maintenance. Visit at MCA Group
5. Rock Bolting and Custom Drilling Platform – adding value in safety, quality and efficiency enhancing site productivity.
A mining contractor values both environment and human resources. Not only concerned in reliably developing and carrying out projects that suit Australian construction standards, the civil engineering NSW professionals take their position very seriously. They make sure that everything is carried out under Engineers of Australia’s Code of Ethics. This code defines the values and principles that shape a responsible mining contractors’ decisions in the engineering practice.
They make sure that the ethical conduct of their services would involve not just the economic improvement of a mining company’s shareholders and workforce, but would also involve improving the quality of life of the community.
If you need innovative advice from civil engineering NSW specialists in the mining industry, people who know the mining industry inside out, stop by MCA Engineering Group office for project quotes and equipment.